SAP SuccessFactors Learning at UCT
UCT’s Human Resources department (HR) continues to automate and improve HR processes. Following the phased implementation of Employee Self-Service and SuccessFactors Learning, the next major component for implementation is SuccessFactors eRecruitment.
Why SuccessFactors Learning?
UCT employees have access to a wide range of training offered by each of the following UCT learning centres:
- The Staff Learning Centre (Human Resource Department)
- Office of Inclusivity & Change (Office of the Vice-Chancellor)
- ICTS Training (Information & Communication Technology Services)
- Research Development (Research Office)
- Research Systems Support (Research Office)
- Research Integrity (Research Office)
- Health, Safety & Environment (Properties & Services)
- Student Systems Support (Office of the Registrar)
- Health Systems Support (Faculty of Health Sciences)
- HR Systems Training (Human Resource Department)
- Finance Systems Training (Finance Department)
With so many different training providers, this decentralised training model often makes it difficult to find the relevant training. Once the right course is found, the processes that follow can be cumbersome, where processes are either manual or different, in-house developed systems are used.
When information is stored in different databases (and often in spreadsheets), it’s difficult to track an employee’s training history – which in turn hinders analysis of progress and thereby decisions on an employee’s current or future training needs. This decentralised model makes sharing of resources and learning materials difficult, resulting in missed opportunities for collaboration between UCT learning centres.
On a larger scale, the current setup has made it difficult for UCT to provide accurate and comprehensive government-required reporting on staff development. These reports are used to determine an institution’s BBBEE rating.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
SuccessFactors Learning is a SAP product which centralises training for employees – giving you a one-stop shop to find, book and manage your development activities.
Using the SuccessFactors Learning Management System, staff members can:
- Easily find staff training courses offered by UCT’s various learning hubs.
- Request course schedules.
- Register for courses.
- View their course history.
- Automatically assign training.
- Manage courses, schedules, qualifications, exams and certifications.
- Get reminders and notifications related to their training.
The SuccessFactors Learning offers:
- Blended learning capabilities for developing employee skills.
- A user friendly front-end which is easy to understand and navigate.
- Instant access for managers to see their team members learning progress.
- And much more…
What are the benefits?
When can we use it?
SuccessFactors Learning is readily available to UCT staff and staff are encouraged to log on using their UCT single sign-on credentials.
UCT learning centres wanting to make use of SuccessFactors Learning to promote and manage their learning offerings can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 15 April 2021